Friendly Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendly Corner

Friendly corner is a forum for everyone to join and have fun!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What books are you reading now?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riberet19
Helper
Riberet19

Job/hobbies : Sports, investments, chatting, travelling

What books are you reading now? Empty
PostSubject: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:12 am

I am currently reading a book about stock market called "reminiscences of a stock operator" by author edwin lefevre that deals with how to take care of your emotions when you trade in the stock market, and the last one I read was a book called "The Misogi method" that deals with a method of a Japanese monk to find happiness and fulfillment in your life, what books are you reading or have you finished reading recently?

The Raven likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Raven
Founder
The Raven

Job/hobbies : Programmer

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:15 am

Hmmm, interesting choice of books. I am not much into stocks, so I wouldn't read that one. Second one is good thing.

I recently finished reading "fahrenheit 451". Amazing book.

Cole: "Phoebe I would do everything for you but don't ask me to be a coward".

Riberet19 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://gothicpub.forumotion.com
Riberet19
Helper
Riberet19

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:17 am

The Raven wrote:
Hmmm, interesting choice of books. I am not much into stocks, so I wouldn't read that one. Second one is good thing.

I recently finished reading "fahrenheit 451". Amazing book.

I like many things, including finance and investments, but I understand that not everyone is interested, on the other hand what is the book you finished about? Sounds interesting.

Back to top Go down
The Raven
Founder
The Raven

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:19 am

It shows dystopian future of US where books became illegal and people who used to put out the fire, now are burning books as their daily job. People became dumb, emotionless, technology addicted. Nobody values knowledge. Smart people are forced to group in abandoned places.

Back to top Go down
Riberet19
Helper
Riberet19

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:21 am

The Raven wrote:
It shows dystopian future of US where books became illegal and people who used to put out the fire, now are burning books as their daily job. People became dumb, emotionless, technology addicted. Nobody values knowledge. Smart people are forced to group in abandoned places.

Very very interesting, I write it down in the notes of pending books, observing the world in which we live, maybe it is not so dystopian, you know what I mean.

Back to top Go down
The Raven
Founder
The Raven

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 11:32 am

I still see this society progressing towards what this books speaks about. I just look American society and it is a very clear indicator of many immoral and wrong things making things worse. I don't know if you are American, but all those activist groups, lobbies, tolerance, body positivity, sexual liberty for women. .. . .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What books are you reading now?   What books are you reading now? Empty

Back to top Go down

What books are you reading now?
Page 1 of 1