Friendly Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly CornerLog in

Friendly corner is a forum for everyone to join and have fun!

description Can you stay in an abusive relationship?  Empty Can you stay in an abusive relationship?

more_horiz
Abuse can be physical or verbal. A lot of times, one partner might be suffering abuse in a relationship and won't mind staying because they love the other person or some other reason they seem fit. Will you stay put in an abusive relationship?

description Can you stay in an abusive relationship?  EmptyRe: Can you stay in an abusive relationship?

more_horiz
No and no. It is chaotic. I am the most important person in my life and I value myself more than anyone else. This is common for all humans. 99% of what we do is selfish. And it is good, a self preservation.

description Can you stay in an abusive relationship?  EmptyRe: Can you stay in an abusive relationship?

more_horiz
no, my answer is No. This is not love, this is madness.

more_horiz
I was in one for two years and she was very manipulative. I was too stuck in love to listen to anyone about getting out of the relationship. Eventually I had to stand up for myself and just told myself enough was enough and left.

more_horiz
I was in a mentally abusive relationship for just over 10 years because I was afraid to speak up and get out. I finally spoke out in 2014 and was out by 2015 with help from my family.

Now I tend to know what to look for and that will be something I will never get into again.

more_horiz
Heck no, I couldn't be in a abusive relationship. Thankfully I never had to experience this, but my father was abusive to my mother growing up so I witnessed it many times as a kid sadly. I know how to treat a woman, and it's not how my father treated my mother that's for sure.

more_horiz
Hulk wrote:
I was in one for two years and she was very manipulative. I was too stuck in love to listen to anyone about getting out of the relationship. Eventually I had to stand up for myself and just told myself enough was enough and left.

The truth is that it is you that is going to say enough is enough and not anyone else. This is why I can never advise anyone that is in a relationship no matter how close we are. I will want you to take those decisions yourself whenever you felt that you are finally fed up with all those challenges.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply